Location: SeaVees HQ, Santa Barbara, California
Job type: Full-time
We are currently seeking a talented, experienced Art Director with a strong understanding of both digital and traditional creative to join our Brand Experience team. You understand how to bring together ideas, words and images to create a thoughtful and powerful brand experience. Your ability to work from concept to execution is essential, as is the ability to work both independently and with a cross functional team. You will work with and report to the Associate Creative Director and closely collaborate with the Junior Brand Designer, Content Manager, and Copywriter as well as other product, marketing and cross-functional teams.
Art Directors are master storytellers and conceptual problem solvers. They can weave a narrative to move people and ultimately help them fall in love with brands. But they also know it isn’t just about selling products. They understand the power of design and story to change perceptions, empower people, and spur conversation.
- Partners with Associate Creative Director to evolve and build a strong brand presence. Supports in brand management and execution to ensure consistency across brand through all channels.
- Understands both marketing and creative needs to provide creative solutions and strategies that meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Creative Studio to create original content, and grow our brand as we grow and expand into new markets. Partner with Content Manager to align on appropriate talent to ensure accurate execution of creative vision. Including but not limited to photography, retouching, illustration, typographic development.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure strategic objectives are met. Regularly meets and collaborates with various cross-functional teams including Marketing, E-Com, Product, and Sales.
- Actively work with junior members of the team to make sure that all executions are of the highest quality and adhere to the brand.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Incredible portfolio of work
- 5+ years of design and interactive work experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong strategic thinker, creative leader and problem solver
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert understanding + usage of brand identity systems, including masterful typography
- A graceful working style and strong, yet diplomatic, communication skills are pivotal
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Comprehensive understanding of UX and UI design
- Education: college degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance benefits package
Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days + 3 volunteer days a year
- 401K Plan
- Free shoes
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com