Careers: Assistant Store Manager - Mill Valley
Job title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: SeaVees – Mill Valley, CA (Opening Soon!)
Job Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
To supervise the day-to-day operation within the store. To maintain excellent product knowledge and to ensure outstanding customer service is delivered in order to help the store achieve sales and profit. Listen and understand customer requirements to ensure the customer is sold the correct product. To provide support to the Store Manager in order to achieve the highest levels of customer service sales.
- Assisting the Store Manager to continually ensure the store is fully stocked of all product categories according to current stock availability.
- Assisting the Store Manager to monitor performance of product per category ensuring the available store floor space is utilized to full potential.
- Assisting the Store Manager to constantly assess the effectiveness of internal layouts and displays, actively striving to improve sales via product layout, grouping and internal/external display.
- Ensuring all deliveries are unpacked, checked off against the order correctly before displaying.
- Being aware of competitors activities and external factors affecting the store and act accordingly.
- Assisting in minimizing shrinkage including theft.
- Assisting the Store Manager to realize the strengths and development needs of all retail staff ensuring their personal requirements are met, in line with company objectives.
- Assisting in the inductions of all new team members in line with store procedures.
- Assisting in the training of all staff to ensure that they maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- Ensuring all staff are working to Company standards in line with Company Policy and Procedures.
- Ensuring a consistently high standard of customer service levels are maintained within the store at all times.
- Cashing up the till at the end of each day to ensure the total balance and all monies are secure and banked daily.
- In the absence of the Store Manager ensure all weekly, monthly, 6 monthly and yearly administration is carried out on time.
- Acting as key holder to the site ensuring security is maintained at all times.
- To ensure the store is kept clean and tidy through good housekeeping and safe working practices, in line with Company Health & Safety policy.
- To carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability for their role.
The must haves:
- Experience of a retail environment, preferably in a management position or a high performing sales position.
- Strong commercial capability with clear evidence of implementing changes and driving standards
- High personal standards of customer service
- Proven Merchandising skills
- Evidence of communicating successfully with store teams
- Evidence of driving merchandising and training principles and standards
Needs to be:
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge to various situations
- Ability to translate policy and procedure within the team
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills
- Ability to operate flexibly in a fast moving and demanding environment where strong team player attributes are essential
- Proactive problem solver with strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Commercially focused with strong selling skills, delivered through excellent customer service
- Customer driven
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.