Careers: Retail Store Manager - Newport Beach
+ Job title: Store Manager
+ Function: Retail
+ Location: SeaVees Lido, Newport Beach, CA
+ Job Type: Full time (40 hours a week)
The role you’d play:
Calling all dreamers. A consciously-crafted, once-forgotten classic—the SeaVees brand was born in 1964 and rediscovered in 2008.
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational execution of the retail store, maintaining excellent product knowledge, ensures the highest levels of customer experience; demonstrates ability to meet sales and metric goals; drives profitable top-line sales growth and coaches store associates to consistently provide customers with an exceptional shopping experience.
- Continually ensure the store is fully stocked of all product categories according to current stock available.
- Monitor performance of product per category ensuring the available floor space is utilized to full potential to deliver agreed budgets.
- Constantly assess the effectiveness of internal layouts and displays, actively striving to improve sales via product layout, grouping and internal/external display.
- Minimize shrinkage including theft.
- Ensure staffing levels of the store are maintained, but cost effective based on footfall estimations.
- Realize the strengths and development needs of all retail staff ensuring their personal requirements are met, in line with company objectives.
- Ensure all deliveries are unpacked, checked off against the order correctly before displaying.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure POS and activities within the store are in line with Marketing strategy.
- Ensure all new members of the team are inducted in line with store procedures.
- Liaise with SeaVees Inc. Retail training team to ensure all staff receive full product training each season maintaining the highest level of product knowledge.
- Holding staff records to ensure PDR’s and reviews are carried out and acted upon.
- Ensure all staff are working to Company standards in line with Company Policy and Procedures ie, dress code, professional conduct etc.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of customer service levels is maintained within the store at all times.
- Implement and enforce SeaVees Inc. customer service/returns policies.
- Ensure all areas of the store are secure.
- Ensure all monies are secure and banked weekly.
- Ensure all weekly, monthly, 6 monthly and yearly administration is carried out on time. Best sales, best sellers, sales reports.
- Ensure SeaVees Inc. reports issued by Merchandising are utilized consistently.
- Ensure the store is kept clean and tidy through good housekeeping and safe working practices, in line with Company Health & Safety policy.
- Ensure all staff are trained in Health & Safety.
- Act as Lead Key holder to the site ensuring security is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the store reflects the company brand values.
- Carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability for their role
- Maintain seasonal alignment with SeaVees strategic initiatives and goals
- Monitor store performance and think creatively to help stores hit and exceed KPI goals.
- To carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability for their role
What you will bring:
- Store and team management, as well as launch experience in retail.
- Customer-obsessed with a strong floor presence and a passion for footwear.
- Alignment with SeaVees mission and team values, including a growth mindset, general scrappiness, and an adventurous spirit.
- Uphold high standards of customer service.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written, oral, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate strategies, goals, guidelines, and feedback across multiple departments.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, motivate and inspire our store team.
- Strong attention to detail and high organizational and project management skills.
- Thrives working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to translate our online commerce to a store setting.
Needs to be:
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge to various situations
- Ability to translate policy and procedure within the team
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills
- Ability to operate flexibly in a fast moving and demanding environment where strong team player attributes are essential
- Proactive problem solver with strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Commercially focused with strong selling skills, delivered through excellent customer service
- Customer driven
SeaVees. Rediscover the dream.
We all have dreams. We tell ourselves we’re too young, old, busy, or just not good enough. And that’s when they end up on a shelf. Our brand was quite literally put on a shelf for nearly 40 years before our founder discovered a pair at a second-hand shop in Tokyo and brought it back to life in its original home in California—the state where dreams come true, or in our case, have a second chance. At SeaVees, we believe there’s a sea of possibilities. In rediscovering who we are and what we can be.
SeaVees is part of the Pentland Family:
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
To apply, please email email@example.com.