Designer, Brand Creative
Location: SeaVees HQ, Santa Barbara, California
Job type: Full-time
We are looking for a designer who is a self-starter and will help drive brand and customer experience (mostly) online. We’re small (under 20 people) but don’t let that fool you. SeaVees is fast growing.
In this role, you will help ideate and execute SeaVees brand vision across all channels (we are a digital brand, and this will be your focus, but you will have the opportunity to design offline too.) You will help concept and execute creative ideas for our website, emails, product launches, videos, packaging, email, and social campaigns.
We are looking for someone with 4+ years of agency or strong brand experience. This role reports to our Associate Creative Director.
• Concept and/or execute creative ideas based on SeaVees brand strategy or strategic initiatives. This includes everything from website updates to campaigns.
• Execute design that not only looks beautiful but also cohesively tells a story in a visual format while on brand.
• Help to continually maintain/check brand standards against all platforms to ensure the brand vision is being executed with perfection and consistency.
• Delivery of files (digital or traditional) must be flawless.
• Have a finger on the pulse of design and web trends and to continuously push and elevate the brand.
• Work with team to maintain and execute content for existing social platforms.
• Manage multiple projects and proactively collaborate across all departments to ensure the correct information is received, represented accurately and delivered on time.
• Speak passionately and confidently about the work, with clear and direct reasoning. It can’t just be beautiful. It has to work with the brand strategy.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 4-6 years of industry experience at an influential brand or agency. Experience may be adjusted depending on the right candidate.
• A portfolio with outstanding with interactive/digital and brand work. Proven experience with creative development in multiple disciplines.
• Understanding of UX/UI and comfortable collaborating with product development teams.
• Experience building a brand a major plus.
• Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, sketch. Photography or post production experience, Lightroom editing and managing image assets.
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Be kind. Be casual.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com