Careers: Retail Sales Associate – Mill Valley
Job Title: Retail Sales Associate
Location: SeaVees – Mill Valley, California (Opening Soon!)
Job Type: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Approximately 8-20 Hours)
Come be a part of our new store opening in Mill Valley Fall 2022!
The role: You are essential to the face and embodiment of the SeaVees brand and creating an elevated retail experience for all new and returning SeaVees customers.
You love to talk about shoes and apparel as much as you love to wear and collect them. Retail Sales Associates are responsible for implementing a variety of functions and procedures relating to customer service, sales, merchandising, and store operations. We are looking for a positive self-starter and team player who is detail-oriented and solution-driven.
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Provide an elevated retail experience and build relationships with customers
- You are the embodiment of the SeaVees brand
- Use POS System to process sales, returns, and exchanges across channels
- You are an expert on the SeaVees brand and products
- Offer style and fit advice to customers
- Pride and ownership in keeping store clean and tidy
- Organize and prepare inventory
- Communicate and collaborate with team
- Restock and organize sales floor throughout the day
The must haves:
- Able to work a minimum of 2-3 days a week
- Must be available on weekends, nights and holidays
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the workday
- 0-3 years of retail experience
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
- Confident and comfortable engaging with customers
- Entrepreneurial minded and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter with willingness to go above and beyond
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Positive team player
Perks of Working at SeaVees
- Being a part of a positive, enthusiastic, and casual environment
- Supportive Management team
- SeaVees local headquarters in Santa Barbara
- Opportunity for growth
- Free shoes
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.