Location: pentland u.s. HQ, Santa Barbara, California
Job type: Full-time
Based in Santa Barbara, California, SeaVees is a rapidly growing casual footwear brand with a rich heritage and promising future. Pentland is a family run business based in the UK and the name behind many well loved footwear and active brands around the world. Pentland acts as a strategic partner for SeaVees and this position will work across SeaVees as well as two brands from the Pentland portfolio, Ellesse US and Endura US.
SeaVees and Pentland are poised for a period of exponential growth and we are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Santa Barbara, California.
The Senior Accountant will provide accounting ownership, budgeting and reporting. The team is responsible for financial reporting and analysis. We are looking for a bright, qualified candidate to join our Finance Department. The role is a fantastic opportunity to gain excellent commercial financial experience with a dynamic team. We need someone who is ultimately looking to deliver efficiencies and improve reporting and analysis, all in a deadline driven environment.
- Process Returns/Credits daily in Full Circle and Braintree
- Inventory Adjustments
- Factor Account Management/Accounts Receivable. Processing allowances and daily reconciliation
- Accounts payable management including inputting invoices and preparing check runs
- Responsible for general ledger accounting
- Classify and analyze financial data and records for the purpose of business financial planning
- Design, recommend and implement modifications of accounting methods, procedures, forms and records.
- Prepare financial statements, reports and other operating statements
- Interface with personnel across departments and outside the company, including company executives and clients to maintain the proper processing, reporting and flow of information
- Assist in preparation of bi-weekly reports, annual budgets and monthly forecasts and be able to "speak to" the numbers reported
- Review monthly budget to actual variance reports and prepare variance explanations
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred, with experience in Month End Closing procedures & Financial Statement preparation
- 4+ years experience
- Ability to interpret large quantities of data and crystalize the main points in an easy to understand format
- Experience forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling experience
- MS Office computer skills, in particular intermediate to advanced level Excel (pivot, V lookups etc.) and PowerPoint
- Hyperion Experience including SmartView
- Have a confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment, able to meet deadlines
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to analyze and discuss financial data
- Ability to challenge
- Concur experience a plus!
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance benefits package
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days + 3 volunteer days a year
- 401K Plan
- Free shoes
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org