Location: SeaVees HQ, Santa Barbara, California
Job type: Full-time
Key purpose of job:
• Support, build & manage a phased demand forecast based on multiple internal and external inputs, for a defined customer, channel or region.
• Build, own and maintenance of the demand forecast through cross functional collaboration and statistical analysis of internal and external data.
• Category buy plans and inventory management.
• To grow sales and profit by ensuring that we have the right stock available at the right time for customers through great vendor relationships and accurate forecasting.
• This role manages the supply chain planning and operations function of given categories from concept to launch by supporting the business process, forecasting and vendor management working with internal stakeholders.
• Ensuring all forecasts are linked with financial targets and goals, and provide a sales forecast in order for supply to plan capacity & stock
• Running demand reviews and analysing sell-out data
• Creating a forecast at a relevant level (product or category); with or without system support
• Running & owning monthly demand reviews, that include validation of all relevant inputs to build future forecasts – feeding into a wider business S&OP
• Identification of sales opportunities or stock/cancellation risk
• Reporting and analysis of key KPIs
• Volume and value implications
• Help to define the products and required levels of a core stocked range based on customer data and demand
• Full understanding of short to medium term marketing plans with analysis of previous promotional performance, to understand the impact on demand plans
• Provide SKU level forecasts through sampling and product developers to support supply planners make informed raw material commitments.
• Identification and recommendation misalignment between order book (where it exists) and actual forecast
• Reporting & root cause analysis of the forecast accuracy at time period for their given customer, channel or region
• Provide input into developing inventory strategies on existing, new and phasing out of products
• Vendor capacity management / accuracy.
• Control inventory targets approved to guarantee the right coverage in order to avoid lost sales or over stock situations.
• Ensuring the seasonal salesman sample critical path is delivered.
• Placing the monthly buy in line with the agreed seasonal buying calendar. Managing the non-buy process, report & communication.
• Work closely with Sales and Customer service to understand the Orderbook status with respect to overdue sales, cancellations, contracts etc identifying potential issues and recommending solutions where possible.
• Managing & planning transition of products exiting from the range
• Maintain close relationships with supply & customer operations teams, ensuring that communication is maintained on all aspects of deliveries and supply issues.
• Maintain communication with brands product & design teams, understanding and working with their operational process, critical path and DNA.
• Develop and maintain connectivity and alignment with the Active Division Demand Planning team and wider Active Division Supply Chain function.
Needs to have:
• Previous experience in a role working with supply and/or demand planning
• Bachelors degree or higher
• Knowledge of buying processes and forecasting
• Advanced skills in Excel spread sheets, and how to manipulate data to produce analysis
• Experience of analysing data and presenting in a format tailored to specific audiences
• Understanding of merchandising, forecasting, production and retail processes
• Strong aptitude with Excel analysis and forecasting methodology
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
Measures of success:
• Demand Planning Team performance against the Divisional and Functional Strategies.
• Progress against Personal Development Objectives.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com