Army Issue Sneaker StandardRegular price $78
- Men’s classic lace up sneaker design
- Water-resistant expedition grade nylon in green and black variations
- Natural canvas lining and binding
- Low profile rubber foxing
- Contoured foam footbed for comfort
- Traditional long-lasting calendar outsole
In August 1961 Camp Irwin, an Armored Combat Training Area located in the Mojave Desert in San Bernardino County, California, is designated a permanent installation and renamed Fort Irwin. During the Vietnam buildup, many artillery and engineer units will train and deploy from Fort Irwin, the Army’s premier training center. Our 08/61 Army Issue Sneaker is inspired by the all-purpose sporting footwear worn on base by soldiers in the 1960s.