Careers: Retail Key Holder - Santa Barbara
- Job Title: Retail Key Holder
- Function: Retail
- Location: SeaVees Flagship Store, Santa Barbara, California
- Job Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt (Approximately 30-40 Hours/Week)
The role: You are essential to the face and embodiment of the SeaVees brand and creating an elevated retail experience for all new and returning SeaVees customers.
You love to talk about shoes and apparel as much as you love to wear and collect them. Retail Key Holders are responsible for opening and closing the store, working directly with the assistant manager and store manager, implementing a variety of functions and procedures relating to customer service, sales, merchandising, and store operations. We are looking for a reliable, positive self-starter and team player who is detail-oriented and solution-driven.
About SeaVees and Pentland:
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
+ Success is a team game
+ With clarity and courage
+ Better as standard
+ In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Provide an elevated retail experience and build relationships with customers
- You are the embodiment of the SeaVees brand
- Opening and closing duties
- Assume management responsibilities in the absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate with store manager, assistant manager, and sales associates daily to ensure consistent customer service and experience, as well as open communication
- Use POS System to process sales, returns, and exchanges across channels
- You are an expert on the SeaVees brand and products
- Offer style and fit advice to customers
- Pride and ownership in keeping store clean and tidy
- Organize and prepare inventory
- Communicate and collaborate with team
- Restock and organize sales floor throughout the day
- Provide excellent customer service by handling all customer interactions with a professional demeanor whether in the store, over the phone or responding to email.
- Manage each sales process from beginning to end with professionalism and care.
- Provide accurate product knowledge to customers while offering additional suggestions based on what is learned through qualifying questions.
- Meet and exceed personal monthly sales goals.
The must haves:
- Able to work 4-5 days a week
- Must be available on weekends, nights and holidays
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the work day
- 1-3 years of retail experience
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
- Confident and comfortable engaging with customers
- Entrepreneurial minded and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter with willingness to go above and beyond
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Positive team player
Perks of Working at SeaVees:
- Being a part of a positive, enthusiastic, and casual environment
- Supportive Management team
- SeaVees local headquarters in Santa Barbara
- Opportunity for growth
- Free shoes
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com