At SeaVees, we value our customers and want to make shopping on our website as comfortable and as safe as possible. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and your need for appropriate protection and management of the contact information you provide to us.
what we collect and how it’s used
When you purchase a product. We ask you for information such as name, address, and credit card information. We store and use this information so we may process your order. If necessary, we might use this information to contact you for help processing the order. We respect your privacy. We may use your information to personalize your shopping experience (such as a personal greeting). Our secure server software encrypts all personal information, ensuring that your information stays private and protected. We may also share personal information with third parties who assist us with marketing and advertising services. And, occasionally, we may partner with other trusted brands if we believe they offer products and services to you that may be of interest.
We have taken every precaution to safeguard your financial information. Your credit card numbers are encrypted while in transit using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Moreover, your credit card numbers are encrypted and stored on our isolated network, protecting them from theft or internal compromise. This system provides safe, reliable e-commerce.
In our effort to be a leader in online security, we have designed data management software systems which automatically store and protect your information.
Furthermore, for added safety, if our customer support team suspects anything to be improper with your order and/or your credit card, someone will contact you and get voice authorization from you.
When subscribing to our newsletter. Our newsletter is an optional service to our customers and the visitors to our site. This newsletter provides product promotions and other special announcements. Your specific email address is required. We will not share your email address with any third-party without your explicit consent. We hope you find our newsletter both enjoyable and through our special offers rewarding as well.
Sending us personal correspondence. When we receive e-mail, letters, or entries to our contests we may collect and store the information you submit.
Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of data your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to determine when you or someone using your computer returns to our site. Cookies make your visit a more personalized experience by identifying special offers or relationships. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you like, you can edit your browser options to block them.
About Children/Teens. Like you, SeaVees is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
ANYONE UNDER 18 must have their parent’s or guardian’s permission to order.
If we become aware that a subscriber is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files. Please note: we may nevertheless maintain a record of that person’s name and address in a “do not register” file to avoid subsequent registration by a child under the age of 13.
Other Sites’ Policies. You might choose to leave our site via links to other sites, including those of advertisers. We are not responsible for the privacy, security or the content policies on those sites.
information we collect about you
When you visit our websites or applications or use our services, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about the device you use the application on, including the device’s unique identifiers and mobile network information, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit and use of our services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information which we receive about you if you use any of our other websites, applications or services, login through a third-party channel such as Facebook or Google or allow us to connect to third party devices or applications. We also receive information about you from other sources to enable us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, we work closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, customer management platforms, search information providers. We may also collect information about you from credit reference agencies where we have informed you this will take place.
using information about you
We use your contact information for the following purposes:
- to confirm and track your order;
- to inform you about new products, services and offers that you request from us;
- to analyze preferences, trends, statistics;
- to administer our websites or applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to enable you to have a single customer account and identity with us;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- to keep our websites and applications safe and secure;
disclosure of information to third parties
Your personal information is used by us, our suppliers and shippers in order to process and ship your orders. Personal information includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, method of payment information and other data that identifies you as an individual. If necessary, we might use this information to contact you for help processing the order. Our secure server software encrypts all personal information, ensuring that your information stays private and protected.
Aggregate information is general in nature and does not contain any personally identifying information. Aggregate information about traffic patterns, sales, and other site information may be shared with partners, vendors, and other reputable third parties.
legal basis for processing your information
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will vary depending on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal data. In almost all cases, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you. Please see the section, ‘Marketing’ below.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and products and operate effectively as a business, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example, we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can raise the profile of our products and services and create new ones.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased one of our products or our services and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver the products or services to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal data in order to comply with that obligation.
retention of your information
We take steps to ensure that the personal data that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period, it will be deleted or in some cases anonymized.
Where we have collected the personal data based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal data.
marketing and opt out
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email you’ve received. Should you experience any problems please call our customer support team who will assist you with unsubscribing from our database.
If you have asked us to stop sending emails and this hasn’t happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending information is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email. The address we are sending to is included within the message.
deleting your account
You may update the methods by which we contact you in your account by contacting us any time by contacting our customer service team at the address above or contact us form. If you choose to close your account, please note that you will no longer be able to access our website. We will delete the personal data associated with your account within a reasonable period, other than personal data which we have a need to retain for our internal business records (for example, data related to purchasing history).
safety and security
Shopping with SeaVees.com is 100% safe and secure. We ensure that it’s safe by transferring all of your personal information, including your name, address and credit card, over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) line. This ensures that your information is encrypted and cannot be read by others as it travels over the Internet. The secure mode begins when you initiate your order. You will know you’re in secure mode when the tiny padlock icon (located at the bottom of your browser) appears as “locked.” You also can verify you are in secure mode by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.” And after the information reaches us, it is stored on a secure server, resides behind a firewall and cannot be accessed from outside the company. At that point, your information can only be accessed by employees to process your orders. We guarantee every transaction as 100% safe and secure. If unauthorized charges appear on your credit card as a result of shopping with us while using our secure server, we will reimburse you up to the maximum $50 legal liability. We only require that you follow the reporting steps required by the issuer of your card (under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges).
Alternate Option. If you are still concerned about using your credit card over the Internet you may call SeaVees customer support at 805-774-1964.
SEAVEES is a registered trademark of SeaVees, Inc. and is not affiliated with the former B.F. Goodrich SEAVEES brand.
Questions or Comments?
For customer support visit our Help Center.