Every wardrobe can benefit from a fresh pair of white sneakers—that perfect balance of comfort and classic good looks that can elevate any outfit, any season. Whether you opt for SeaVees lace-ups or slip-ons, just slide them on, and you’re ready for any occasion—work, play, errands, you name it. If you’re wondering what is the best way to clean white shoes, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are some easy ways to keep your white shoes sparkly and clean for the long run.
First Step Before You Set Foot Outside
The most effective way to clean white shoes is to protect them in advance. Once you’ve found the perfect pair, start off on the right foot with our Shoe Protector spray. This simple step will help protect your sneakers from water, dirt, and stains. Start with a clean, dry surface, hold the bottle six inches from your shoe, and spray in a back-and-forth motion. Spray thoroughly and evenly across fabric and seams, then air dry for 24 hours (trust us, it’s worth the wait). For extra protection, reapply if rain is on the horizon.
Simple Solutions for Daily Scuffs and Spills
White sneakers are super clean, but life is anything but. SeaVees shoes are designed for the wear and tear of a busy and active life. So, don't be afraid to dance in the desert, skate to the office, sip coffee on the go, kick around on the grass, eat an ice cream cone... and let it drip. We dare you. Drips, spills, scuffs, and dust happen. Just make sure to wipe your white sneakers clean as soon as possible before stains get a chance to set. Depending on the material, here are the best ways to clean white shoes...
- Use a soft, dry brush to remove dirt and dust. Let mud dry before getting started.
- For canvas: Spot clean with a clean rag or toothbrush. Try warm soapy water; a mix of baking soda, white vinegar, and water; or white toothpaste. Use a stain removal pen for stubborn stains.
- For suede: Avoid water-based methods. Most scuffs and blemishes can be removed with a terry cloth towel/clean rag. Consider sourcing an eraser and brush specifically designed for suede care.
- For leather: A Magic Eraser should do the trick, or brush with white toothpaste and wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Toss cotton and polyester laces in the wash with like colors, or pick up new laces.
- Keep rubber sidewalls scuff-free with our Sidewall Wipes.
- Air dry your shoes and laces before reapplying Shoe Protector spray.
Sneaker Care for the Long Run
A little bit of ongoing maintenance will help your SeaVees shoes last longer so you can enjoy them for the maximum amount of time. When it comes to fabric stains, spot cleaning is the way to go. We do not recommend machine washing, as it can deform and shrink the materials. Please note that once washed, SeaVees shoes are no longer covered under our Warranty. If you have sneaker care questions, reach out to our Customer Service team or your local cobbler in advance.
For more tips on cleaning your SeaVees sneakers, head here.
Looking For Your Next Pair of White Shoes?
SeaVees shoes are consciously crafted in small batches to control quality and consistency using a time-honored footwear construction called vulcanization. Our exclusive memory foam footbed paired with flexible and durable natural rubber outsoles makes our shoes the most comfortable sneakers you’ll ever wear.